Seeking Consultant: High 5 for Mom and Baby Coordinator
Professional services are sought for the coordination of a project helping Kansas hospitals improve health outcomes through maternity care practices that support breastfeeding
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
High 5 for Mom & Baby is a program developed with the Kansas Breastfeeding Workgroup* and funded by United Methodist Health Ministry Fund to improve infant and maternal health in Kansas by increasing breastfeeding initiation, exclusivity, and duration rates. The program is designed to support hospitals and birth centers in adopting and maintaining ten evidence-based maternity care practices identified by the World Health Organization proven to support breastfeeding success. To help implement these practices, Kansas hospitals are offered the following free resources through the program:
• 15 hours of FREE online education classes with CNEs.
• Technical assistance to assure successful implementation of the program’s recommended practices and policies including virtual office hours and regularly occurring webinars.
• Resources for hospitals including sample policies, training and informational videos, patient education materials, and promotional materials for hospital marketing communications.
• Recognition for hospitals implementing the practices for High 5 and High 5 Premier.
• Serve as staff for the Kansas Breastfeeding Workgroup, including setting meeting dates, preparing the agenda, taking minutes, and responding to requests for information.
• Work with the Breastfeeding Workgroup to recruit and prepare qualified Kansas-based trainers to lead hospital workshops.
• Arrange for continuing education credits for relevant professions including physicians and nurses.
• Develop and maintain a list of Kansas hospital contacts with decision-making authority over maternity care practices.
• Create awareness among Kansas hospitals concerning the availability of the program through phone calls, email, mail, presenting at relevant meetings, and other communications.
• Respond to inquiries and interest in the program.
• In consultation with vendors, develop resource materials for participating hospitals.
• Monitor and provide updated content for the website.
• Continue implementation of both annual renewal and awards program for hospitals that implement High 5 or High 5 Premier.
• Coordinate follow-up with participating hospitals and requests for technical assistance.
• Gather and analyze data for program evaluation.
• Promote, coordinate and maintain records as part of the continued annual renewal process with maternity care facilities recognized as High 5/High 5 Premier.
• Arrange recognition ceremonies, promotion and awards with each facility.
• Maintain education requirements as laid out by the Kansas Board of Nursing (KSBN) and International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
• Review online breastfeeding education modules to sustain the requirements for KSBN.
• Identify and support hospitals interested in working towards completion of the Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding outlined in Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative.
• Provide minimal technical assistance and support to hospitals working towards the Baby Friendly Designation.
• Continue to be actively engaged with local, state, national, and international breastfeeding workgroups and coalitions.
20 hours per week
$25,000-35,000 depending on experience
The Coordination Consultant will be an independent contractor for the United Methodist Health Ministry Fund, responsible for achievement of results. The Coordination Consultant reports to Katie Schoenhoff, Director of Programs.
• High level of initiative
• Strong interpersonal communications skills including public speaking
• Strong advocate for breastfeeding
• Technical skills using media
• Presentation skills
• Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle for travel in Kansas
• Use of computer with internet access, Microsoft Office
• Experience with maternity care facilities
• Previous project management experience
• Strong working knowledge of Kansas breastfeeding efforts and organizations
• Registered nurse and/or International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant preferred
*The Kansas Breastfeeding Workgroup, sponsors of the High 5 for Mom & Baby campaign, is an informal coalition of 16 members representing expertise in breastfeeding issues. The Workgroup developed the program in conjunction with the Health Fund and provides advice, outreach, and guidance for its implementation.
A printer-friendly version is available here.
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to All News