The Healthy Congregations Retreat, part of the Healthy Congregations program, is designed to provide information, tools, resources, food for thought, and connections for persons interested in congregational and community health ministry in the Great Plains Conference of the United Methodist Church (Kansas and Nebraska). The event is held annually at scenic Rock Springs Ranch near Junction City, KS.
It’s our treat!
The Healthy Congregations Retreat is provided free of charge through United Methodist Health Ministry Fund sponsorship, but pre-registration is required. A $25 deposit reserves your place at the event, and will be returned at check-in.
Inspiring Keynotes, Practical Workshops
The retreat features a variety of sessions with information you can take home and use in your own church and community. Topics connect to spiritual, mental, physical, and social health.
Key Benefits for Participants
- Discover ways churches can advance health, healing, and wholeness in the congregation and local community
- Learn from Healthy Congregations training courses
- Enjoy fellowship with others sharing your passion for health ministry
- Gain renewed personal energy in a scenic retreat setting
- CEUs are available for nurses and pastors
Who Should Participate?
The retreat is especially helpful for parish nurses, pastors, and laity involved in or wanting to start health and wellness ministries in their congregations – but is something that anyone with an interest in congregational and community health will enjoy. Healthy Congregations teams will find the retreat a great place to complete training courses and network with peers.