Update: We’d like to thank our presenters and participants for making the 2018 event a success! Check back for details of next year’s retreat as they become available.
The Healthy Congregations Retreat, part of the Healthy Congregations program, is designed to provide information, tools, resources, food for thought, and connections for persons interested in congregational and community health ministry in the Great Plains Conference of the United Methodist Church (Kansas and Nebraska). The event is held annually at scenic Rock Springs Ranch near Junction City, KS.
It’s our treat!
The Healthy Congregations Retreat, including overnight accommodations and meals, is provided free of charge through United Methodist Health Ministry Fund sponsorship.
Inspiring Keynotes, Practical Workshops
The retreat features a variety of sessions with information you can take home and use in your own church and community. Retreat sessions cover spiritual, mental, physical, and social health. 2018 session topics included:
- Addiction & Opioids
- Basic Neighboring Skills
- Care Leaders
- Core-strengthening Exercise for Fall Prevention
- Healthy Congregations Planning & Technical Assistance
- Holy Yoga, beginner and advanced
- More Than Pills & Scalpels
- Navigating the Second Half of Life
- Prayer Walking
- Stop the Bleed
- Stronger Together: Opportunities for Local Collaborations & Partnerships
- What Can We Do With a Rotisserie Chicken and Some Imagination?
Key Benefits for Participants
- Discover ways churches can advance health, healing, and wholeness in the congregation and local community
- Learn from Healthy Congregations training courses
- Enjoy fellowship with others sharing your passion for health ministry
- Gain renewed personal energy in a scenic retreat setting
- Earn nursing and pastor CEUs
Who Should Participate?
The retreat is especially helpful for parish nurses, pastors, and laity involved in or wanting to start health and wellness ministries in their congregations – but is something that anyone with an interest in congregational and community health will enjoy. Healthy Congregations teams will find the retreat a great place to complete training courses and network with peers.