Job Description: Program Coordinator
To download this job description (pdf), click here. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The United Methodist Health Ministry Fund (Health Fund) seeks a Program Coordinator with a passion for social justice and community health to join our quest to improve the health and wholeness of Kansans. The Health Fund works to advance conversation and action on health-related issues, especially in rural and underserved communities. Through funding programs and ideas, providing hands-on expertise, and convening influencers, we advance innovative solutions to improve Kansans’ health for generations to come.
The Program Coordinator will assist the Health Fund in the administration of funded projects and help to identify and develop new initiatives focused on improving the health of Kansans in the areas of access to care, early childhood development and Healthy Congregations. The Program Coordinator will work directly with grantees and take a growing role in working with our Healthy Congregations members and the Great Plains Conference of the United Methodist Church. In addition to providing program support, the Program Coordinator will support operations and be a collaborative team player.
We seek a mission-oriented, highly-motivated candidate committed to improving the health of Kansans.
Grants management and support. Assist in the grants management process by evaluating proposals, monitoring grants and program activity, and helping manage the grant reporting process. Follow-up with grantee organizations on grant requirements such as reports, grant documents and learning community activities. Assist with grant data management by utilizing the grants management software to record payments, reports and program activity. Assist in the leadership of the Healthy Congregations program, working directly with lay and church leaders in the Great Plains United Methodist Conference. Represent the Health Fund with grantees in-person, on the phone and at events.
Research, writing and communications. Conduct research on health related topics for the Health Fund. This could include internet searches, literature reviews, key informant interviews, and data analysis. Contribute to the development of a wide range of publications, including letters, issue briefs, fact sheets, white papers, grant documents, and presentations, by writing, synthesizing comments, fact checking, and developing graphics and analytics as needed. The Program Coordinator will also work with Health Fund staff to promote the organization and our programs through social media and other communications vehicles.
Manage contact database and grants management system. Continually updates contacts database and updates grant database. Assists with running reports and managing grant files as needed.
Event scheduling and planning; coordination of learning community activities. Assist and in some cases lead efforts to organize site visits, meetings, and other events to advance programmatic goals. Help organize and manage program learning communities. Assist with providing technical assistance and supporting learning community efforts. Assist with scheduling internal and external groups’ use of the facility.
Accounting Support. Provides occasional assistance to Administrative Assistant/Accountant with accounting tasks.
Miscellaneous. Performs occasional, routine office maintenance tasks and errands. Other duties may be assigned due to business necessity of a small office environment.
This position reports to the Health Fund President.
for Social Justice and Health Ministry
- Commitment to the mission of the United Methodist Health Ministry Fund and to social justice
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to Health Ministry Fund programming, such as: public administration, public health, social work, nursing, or community/clinical psychology
- Three or more years of relevant experience in a governmental or nonprofit organization preferred
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, capability to conduct online research through search engines like Google, skills in preparing reports and presentations, and experience with managing contact lists and other information in databases
- Proactive, Collaborative Team Member
- Ability to see the big picture, understanding the interrelationships among the many elements affecting a program area and helping to bridge those into total strategic work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including the ability to multi-task and prioritize appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks and projects, including excellent problem-solving skills
- Proactive work style with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people and different work styles
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to travel
Compensation/Benefits. The Program Coordinator position will be paid an annual salary commensurate with experience and available Fund budgetary resources. The employee will have a performance evaluation after the first six and twelve months and at least annually thereafter. Benefits, including health insurance and retirement, are provided as outlined in the Personnel Policies and Procedures for full-time employees.
Working Conditions/Typical Hours. The working conditions include the normal office environment with some lifting (up to 30 lbs). The office is open on all non-holiday week days. The Program Coordinator has a 40-45 hour work week and is a salaried exempt employee. The job includes considerable in-state travel and occasional out-of-state travel which can extend the weekly work hours beyond the normal expectation. The Program Coordinator is subject to and must comply with the United Methodist Health Fund Personnel Policies and Procedures and such other policies and procedures specific to his/her position, all as may be amended from time to time.
To download this job description (pdf), click here. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.Back to All News